Pulsar watch !

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I never really looked close at watches until recently, found this today, and decided to take a chance on it.
20180613_193254.jpg

Did this thing really cost this much new ? omg wow

20180613_193307.jpg

OP
OP
zombieraccoon

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it did not work, I put fresh batteries in and nothing. Similar sold for $80-$100 not working so I listed it on a buy it now for $100, and it sold in less than 5 minutes guessing I probably should have asked more, oh well, I am happy, hopefully the buyer will be too. Been buying and selling junk off and on for close to 20 years now, still learn something new almost daily.

Getting ready to leave AZ in a couple days, head up through UT into ID accross to Portland, and up into WA. Will hit every thrift store and yard sale I see and pick up whatever I can find along the way.

Will try to spend this summer doing more research and learn what to look for in areas where my knowledge is limited or non-existent (watches, clothes, glassware)

Since the place I stay up there is close to the beach I will get in some detecting time as well, (I hate digging in that concrete they call dirt around here)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one of those some time ago. I never did try to see if it would light up with new batteries, as I thought they took two? I sold mine as-is and I think it went for around 80 bucks. They were expensive when new, but that price was a suggested manufacturers retail price. I'm sure having that box sure boosted the sale also. Good luck on your buying trip. Ya never know what you'll find along those highways. I've had the pleasure to be able to do that in my job for 20+ years now as a traveling over the road peddlar. My tip is don't focus totally on things to look for, but observe what catches your eye as there's a reason for that and you just might discover more things of value. Look and learn as you come by these possible treasures. From what I see of you and your discoveries you definitely got the eye and who knows what you'll uncover out there, as your going into some good territory that doesn't see all the pickers like back east and sellers eager to make a deal.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hindsight is 20/20 but I would’ve started the auction at $100. that being said you got a good profit on it so no worries. Just so you are aware the early LED watches did not turn on you had to press a button or move the wrist to get them to light up because they used so much battery.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hindsight is 20/20 but I would’ve started the auction at $100. that being said you got a good profit on it so no worries. Just so you are aware the early LED watches did not turn on you had to press a button or move the wrist to get them to light up because they used so much battery.
Good point. I wonder if zomcoon knew that? Dang thing looked to be in NOS condition and if it was operational it would have gone for much more IMO. I've only got one LED watch and I had a couple batteries that were to thick to use in it, but it did light up when I tested it with those batteries when I pushed the view button. My dad had a Pulsar LED and I was hoping to find it going through all the stuff my mom had tucked away to move her into a nursing home. I never did find it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zombieraccoon

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh yes I tried shaking, pushing buttons, holding buttons, reseating batteries, and cursing at it. all to no avail haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions