Pump/nozzle question

TheEquineFencer

Mar 31, 2012
Farmville,NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am "collecting" parts to build a highbanker/dredge combo. I plan to use a "trash" pump, 195 GPM, 50 psi pump. I'm looking at suction nozzles. I've seen a Keene with a 3 inch nozzle with a 2 inch pressure line and also one with a 1-1/2 pressure line feeding the nozzle, what will work best with this pump? Later when I have some more $$$ I plan to upgrade to a DP200 Pump -- Dahlke Dredge as it will work on a standard B&S engine.

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am using this one (link below). A trash pump usually cannot maintain the 50 psi you are looking for at full flow. I understand the desire to use a pump that could withstand large debris but you are going to make big sacrifices for it. More fuel consumption, more weight, Lower pressures, and the same or less flow as a smaller pump all can be avoided just by putting a decent screen on the intake hose. I use a chunk of screen door screen zip tied to my intake screen cage that came with the hose kit I purchased on amazon. then I cut a hole in a bucket just large enough to allow the threads on the intake hose to penetrate the bottom of the bucket then I attach the screen cage inside the bucket onto the threads on the hose which holds the bucket onto the hose. I grab a large heavy quarts rock and place it inside the bucket. THEN I place a large chunk of screen door screen over the end of the bucket. I wrap a bungee cord around the bucket to hold that screen in place and I then have a screen filter that will run for several hours in a VERY filthy and debris loaded reclamation pond before cleaning is needed. Toss the bucket in carefully to prevent the rock from rolling to the screen end while sinking the bucket.

PUMP
2" Clear Water Pump with 212cc Gas Engine

Hose kit

Amazon.com: Powermate PA0650201 Water Pump 2-Inch Hose Kit: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any filter on your intake that's not MUCH smaller in hole size than bar holes will cram your spray bar fulla junk fast and then your up the proverbial creek in a sinking boat as next to impossible to remove without tearing the thing apart-hence the DIS screen mentioned above-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions