Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the finds from my trip to Punta Cana 2018. I did try to get into the ocean but the surf was just too intense.
The waves were just crashing on the beach. One minute it would be ankle deep then the next minute up to your waist.
It knocked me down a couple of times, after that I stuck to dry sand. I went out most mornings for a few hours.
Here are my finds... Glad I did not take the go pro out.. might have lost that,.. Any advice on hunting the surf( ie wet suit, machine..
other equiptment or tatics)?

Found a few silvers, ring and a pendant.. infinity symbol. Pesos 1, 5, 10 and 25. A few russian coins and some US coins also.
One coin is completely encrusted.. how do you clean this... tumbler or some other method??

Some people on the beach lost some very valuable items... ie rings(platinum) gold chains ect. I tried to help them recover
their jewelry but I guess they lost it in the ocean..

The trip was awesome.. The Hard Rock was such a great resort.. hence the guitar symbol.

Thanks for looking, :icon_thumleft: HH & GL

PCall.jpg

PCjewerly.jpg

Attachments

• 20180117_113938 (1).jpg
    20180117_113938 (1).jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 96
Upvote 17

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had a great time, and nice finds! :occasion14:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got a few keepers on a welcome vacation. Ya' can't beat that escaping the frigid Illinois winter. Lot's of little streams in Illinois holding some fine old treasure if you do some research. Happy Hunting mate!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done. I'm assuming that you were using the CTX. Although I have a CTX, in salt water I prefer to use my Excalibur. I prefer to hunt in a protected bay, but either way, I always hunt at low tide. It allows you to get out further where the heavier metals may be found. I use a wet suit that is 3mm or 5mm, depending on water temperature.
You did pretty good up on the beach.
Congratulations.

Last edited:

WisconsinPirate

Aug 2, 2017
Racine, Wi
Detector(s) used
EQ600; Makro MK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!!! Did you use your CTX? If so how did you pack it? I went on a trip a few weeks ago and was worried about packing it under the plane.
Curious as to what you did?

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice finds. Maybe electrolysis would work on your crusty coin.

OP
OP
Agent Green

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the CTX here is a pic of my case.. I took both detectors..

CTX3030PlanoCase.jpg

OP
OP
Agent Green

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CTX has been to the Bahamas and the Dominican Republic.. this a Plano bow hunting case.. Works great.
The case still has plenty of room for other stuff like pin pointers or head phones.. chargers... or a handle for your scoop..
I took that also.. Stealth Sand Scoop.. I wanted to take my shovel.. very top of the pic.. love it.. light weight non metal.. ran out of time
trying to figure out how to pack it into the case.. maybe next time..
I am going to purchase an Excal II for the water and get an Anderson shaft to modify the weight.. And a wet suit..
Thanks for the comments.. :occasion14:

Your right Kurios1, I heard the weather was brutal cold here..

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CTX has been to the Bahamas and the Dominican Republic.. this a Plano bow hunting case.. Works great.
The case still has plenty of room for other stuff like pin pointers or head phones.. chargers... or a handle for your scoop..
I took that also.. Stealth Sand Scoop.. I wanted to take my shovel.. very top of the pic.. love it.. light weight non metal.. ran out of time
trying to figure out how to pack it into the case.. maybe next time..
I am going to purchase an Excal II for the water and get an Anderson shaft to modify the weight.. And a wet suit..
Thanks for the comments.. :occasion14:

Your right Kurios1, I heard the weather was brutal cold here..

There is an Excalibur waist belt you can buy. The entire unit snaps onto the waist belt attachment. Now, your shaft and coil are weightless when in the water. I have attached a small highly visible yellow float to my arm cuff to make my shaft stand up, when I let it go.That way I can use both hands on the shaft of my scoop in the water.

Attachments

• 20180117_222037.jpg
    20180117_222037.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:

WisconsinPirate

Aug 2, 2017
Racine, Wi
Detector(s) used
EQ600; Makro MK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The plano case is a great idea! Awesome that you can fit two detectors in it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fun time congratulations on the finds! :occasion14:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like some nice finds. Thats more than you would have found here in Illinois in January.

OP
OP
Agent Green

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is.. I asked around,, needed a storage case/ travel case. The Plano company sent me extra velcro tie downs for the case.. TSA approved locks also fit on the handle, 2 to be exact.. Check at Cabelas or or online to find the best price..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread