Purdy..Purdy..Purdy.....POW !

Krisrock

Feb 9, 2011
Land of Good Water
The casualties of the wiggle pick. Yes, I am so sorry to say that damage was caused
by my pick. The un-mistakable sound of fine flint shattering is enough to bring a
grown man to cry. :( This is my third casualty in three years of digging and by far the
best piece I’ve seen destroyed in a long while. If it had been a Clovis or a Folsom I
probably would have jumped off the cliff.... ??? Anyway the rest of the day went very
well as you can see. The tool is probably a wide corner notched piece under
construction. The books debate whether these are knives or points under construction.
Feel free to provide an opinion. The craftsmanship of the piece is incredible. Oh and
no damage on that one. Enjoy the photos. This was a four hour dig.
3-04-2011 007tnet.JPG
3-04-2011 006tnet.JPG
3-04-2011 005tnet.JPG
3-04-2011 004tnet.JPG
3-04-2011 003tnet.JPG
3-04-2011 002tnet.JPG
3-04-2011 001tnet.JPG

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Krisrock

Krisrock

Feb 9, 2011
Land of Good Water
Thank y'all. I didn't break the one with the pretty flint. It was broken a long time ago. The chip in the tip of the beauty was 10 inches into a rock wall 4 to 5 feet down. wiggle picks are wicked ! The perfect one with no shoulders literally flew out of the wall I was working and landed on my foot. :laughing7: the big tool was discovered in the wall just 1/4 inch of the tip was exposed 5 feet down. My imagination went wild as I uncovered it. ( the work in the tip is superb ) Nice scraper :tongue3: Happy Hunting !

archer66

May 3, 2009
Northeast Missouri
Can you please give me more information on the "rock wall" you are picking at? Assuming all rock walls on earth are older than any man made objects how would these artifacts come to be "10 inches into a rock wall 4 to 5 feet down". I'm not doubting your finds....just trying to understand how they got there. Do you think they were hidden there by human hands or is the wall really not a wall but rather a jumble of rocks from some kind of rock slide?

OP
OP
Krisrock

Krisrock

Feb 9, 2011
Land of Good Water
Neo's in the same kinda diggin ground. I'm diggin The Midden layer that has washed down to the creek over the last few thousand years it has piled up a layer of rock and flint that goes from the camp all the way to the creek. Once you have a hole in the ground in that area (5 to 6 feet in the ground is common in our area), then you are surrounded by what appears to be rock walls. The compacted rock, dirt, flint, bone is very dense. (does not come apart easy) also in our area is sandy soil, difficult to dig but good camps in the sand (no rock walls). I'm diggin rock in the wash I'm working. Sorry for the confusion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread