Put a little MORGAN SILVER in pocket

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was swinging the coil in a wooded area near an old sunken road bed in some very soft dirt - got a very faint weak 12-42 hit on the CTX - kept swinging and signal was very weak but was repeatable (using Gonehunting's open combined settings) morgans.JPG- the dirt was very soft - lo and behold at bout 12" deep found these two morgan siver dollars touching each other standing up on edge - that's why the weak faint signal I guesss. One is an 1883-S and the other is 1889 no mint mark. I have learned over and over - learn your machine and dig all repeatable signals. Happy dance for about 5 minutes - coverd the area all around like Sherlock Holmes but nothing else to be found.

Upvote 14
SWEET!!! Way to stick with the signal MATER.. I wood have danced for 10 min.. lol.. CONGRATS.. HH

Oh yeah, brother! :)

Very nice silver. :occasion14:

Wow, 2 in the same hole, bet that was a wild happy dance!!!

Most would go thru their lives and never dig a silver dollar. Let alone twins! :icon_thumright:

Great save!

HH!

Wow, great job. Love to find BIG silver.

THATS WHAT IM TALKIN BOUT---:thumbsup:-:occasion14:-:notworthy:

i would go get a lotto ticket now,,,,,sweet sweet finds finds

WOW ! Great finds
Glen

I found a Morgan today too! Way to go! Yours are way sharper...
1.21.13.morgan.jpg

Nice swinging and by the way, good pointer.

Hot Dog!! I know the feeling. Congratulations! :icon_thumright:

As has already been said , a silver dollar is a tough find - two is almost miraculous , think about this - if they weren't intentionally,
stashed (cached) how does someone lose two huge silver dollars at the same time , such that they are in contact with each other .
additionally - if they were lost back in the day - that was a lot of money ! During the time period of those dates - a dollar would
buy you an overnight in a hotel , and a full dinner .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back