Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an old saying,, "You should never put off until tomorrow, what you can do today." or something like that. Well when it comes to metal detecting and good weather, I say, "PUT IT OFF"
Yesterday, I hit the bank, and then the post office. Around 11 A.M. the rain stopped and the temps were going up to 45 degrees. Realizing that the weather for the end of the week is predicted to be "FRIGID", I knew that I probably wouldn't get another chance to hunt for awhile.
Soooo,,, everything else on my "TO DO" list, got PUT OFF.
I hit a local park with something a little different in mind. The E-trac was my weapon of choice, but I was going to use the smaller S.E.F. coil for the first time. I always wanted to hit an area in this park that was full of brush. The colder weather had beaten back the brush and the S.E.F. coil was able to easily get around what was left. Within a half hour of beginning the hunt, I recovered a Mercury Dime. A little respect for the S.E.F. coil.

About 2 hours later, I got 2 separate signals that overlapped each other. One was an iffy, deep silver quarter signal and the other sounded like trash. I worked the smaller coil until I got a distinct quarter signal at about 8 inches. I was soon holding a Silver 1940 Washington Quarter. Some more respect for the S.E.F. coil. I will add that my fear in switching over to a smaller coil would cost me some depth. The fear was unfounded as the 5 wheat pennies I recovered, all came from a depth of around 8 inches. The S.E.F is also very capable in separating Nickels from trash. I recovered 8 nickels plus a deep 1937 Buffalo.

IMG_5674.JPG IMG_5673.JPG

IMG_5672.JPG IMG_5671.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 31

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt!! It's supposed to get nasty cold here to by Thur and Fri.

HH RN

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great way to finish the year, Congrats!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The saying is always put off tomorrow what you can put off today.

Nice silvers

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A happy hunt man, you get many good targets there

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's the way to take advantage of the last fragments of the hunting season!! Well worth delaying those chores for a rainy/sno:angry7:wy day.......excellent recoveries, atw!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great hunt! Congratualtions on the finds and experimenting with new a coil. :occasion14:

Perhaps, I need another coil! :icon_thumright:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt. I'm dreading winter. We're having ice and rain this weekend but I may try to get out for a few hours. Didn't say I was smart but I have some new producing spots.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thing you put those chores to the backseat ATW. Looks like you had more fun on your hunt.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the good finds my friend. Did I tell ya'll yet he's a great guy to deal with?

Twice already I guess :)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let's hear it for the small coils of the world ATW. :notworthy: I have grown to respect my little 5"DD. Congrats on sniping out those silvers and other keepers. :occasion14: I am surprise you haven't use it much even though some of your sites are trashy. All I have been doing for the last month is going over previously hunted sites with the little bugger and amazed at the depth it gets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread