Quality Pinpointer

willie3960

May 29, 2006
Long Isliand N.Y.
Detector(s) used
DFX .MXT.
A 4 weeks ago I started using a dx-1 probe I was using a bullseye probe. I have to say its the best accessories that I have bought. it dose everything sunrays ad says it dose. plus its fun to use. Have it on a dfx it will go on a mxt also. good luck.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's where I bought mine a few weeks ago, he shipped priority (had it in 3 days), very well packaged and excellent customer contact (called when it was shipped).

I don't think you'll find a better price....I got the Teknetics ---- one piece.

http://www.billsdetectorsales.com/pinpointers.html

W

wo2e

look at the vi bra probe 560. about 100 dollars. rugget and water Prof in case you want to take a bath with it.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes...Vibra Probe!! Water tight and well made.. gos off automatically...Little big but no switches to deal with!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Vibraprobe 560, really like it but it only gets about 3/4-1" deep, would prefer a probe that can get a little deeper. HH, Mike

jernigan00

Sep 14, 2005
Oswego, New York
Detector(s) used
DFX, Excalibur ll, Ace 250
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bavaria, you say 3/4 to 1". that means that is how close the probe has to be before it alerts?

Now that I think about it anything more might make it more difficult to actually "pinpoint"

jbow

Sep 24, 2005
Cartersville, GA
YES....

either buy a pocket Uni-probe or a Sherlock. The Uni-probe is awesome and well worth the money but the others I have seen are all comparable to each other and you can find a Sherlock for about 35.00

J

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Another vote for the Vibraprobe 560. If I didn't have one this weekend I wouldn't have found that small BB looking piece of metal I found. It also finds that illusive piece of metal in the side of the hole you just dug. Save a lot of time. The fact that is doesn't have an on/off switch is nice as well.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with jernigan00... Don't want it to say anything until you are close to target...but thin again, you would like to know if you are in the area...I still like it more and more!

S

sandkicker

I recently purchased the Teknetics from Bills detector sales and so far its great.Price was half of the vibraprobe. Like the one knob, adjustable threshold feature.I also mainly got it for its smaller size. HH

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
marauder said:
I recently purchased the Teknetics from Bills detector sales and so far its great.Price was half of the vibraprobe. Like the one knob, adjustable threshold feature.I also mainly got it for its smaller size. HH

Glad to hear you purchased the Teknetics...I got mine from Bill. The only prob I've really had is the butt piece started popping off from time to time. A few turns of electrical tape took care of that worry. I've used mine hard....I even caught myself using it as a digger! Pretty tough instrument.....

S

sandkicker

It was your earlier post of the Tek and Bill's Sales that led me to the purchase Night Stalker! I did the duct tape mod right out of the box. Its my first probe also. First time out went to a small private spot that I've been wanting to hunt. Turned out to be a penny farm. Found about 25 in a short time, also a 65 quarter. Anyway got the system down.

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
I just ordered a vibra-probe 560. I can't wait to try it out.

There's a swim club I've been detecting. The problem? TOO MANY COINS!

I can't pinpoint the target half the time because my coil keeps picking up nearby targets. The place has never been detected before.

It's the most frustrating thing I've ever encountered. I know there's some rings in there. I just can't pinpoint anything.

Hopefully this will solve the problem! LOL!

Ridley

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread