Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Every once in a while someone post about a quarter find. People start to think that maybe the quarters are not dead, and get a box for themselves, but most of them find nothing.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You might always get lucky here and there, but I have never seen any consistency from quarters. You are really better off with dimes and halves.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try it all why not you never know

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not worth it, I've never found a silver quarter from CRH. Just stick with halves. Plus pennies and dimes if you have a Ryedale.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure it's worth it, for it's only a hobby...I get one silver quarter per $500, so it's the same as my 2.5 dime finds per $500.
You asked if Brinks quarters are worth it. I've never had luck with Brinks, but it's rare that I get a Brinks box.
I will also add that my chances of finding a 90% silver quarter are greater than finding a 90% half! Which is more rare?

Last edited:

Gareb

Sep 10, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find most silver quarters when I notice a patterned collection dump and buy all rolls. But I will do about 100 dollars a week and look for obvious errors. I have pulled an off center I sold for 20 dollars and I look for rotational errors and missing clad layers also. So it is all in what you enjoy finding. One thing is simple though if you don't look you wont find them. They are out there but they are diluted among all the states, territories, and now parks coins. But remember as proof halves are cashed in so are quarters and they had silver proof sets also.

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wondering if anyone has any luck with boxes of quarters from Brinks? From what I have been finding that a lot of banks and credit unions around here uses them. I have done pennies and nickels so far. Halves have been hit and miss since I can only get about a hundred dollars worth at a time.

Sincerely, Garoulady

If you're going to do quarters, do CWRs. MWRs are tough going (Ive heard around 1 per 5 boxes) and Brinks is doubly bad for CRH as its suspected they cull.

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never found a silver quarter from rolls. Then again I have only done a couple boxes.
I have gotten 2 silver quarters while working as a cashier though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread