Quarters?

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive done probably $5000 in qtrs with zero silver found- others have had better luck but not much really- the main problem for me 80% where state qtrs

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quarters are really tough.. If you do decide to hunt them and can find some that would be great but its tough..

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i searched maybe 1500 in quarters and in 1 box i found 2 silvers in the same roll and that was it. i got excited cause it was like the 3rd roll in. i have not hunted quarters since but now that we are talking about it i might just have to pick up a box tomorrow

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you search MWR quarters? If so, what are your averages?

If I don't find silver it's not because I'm not looking!

Me being king of quarters.. I suppose I should chime in. My MWR averages are 1 per 4 boxes.
(Yikes)
And CWR and loose is ridiculous. Over 230 silver quarters last August. Haven't been even looking for them since. Maybe that's my problem...
Wicka

Skelly607

Bronze Member
May 5, 2010
Danville Va.
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO M6 Ace 250
My wife has a paper route where she puts papers in boxes. I sort her quarters for her. She used to bring upwards of $550 a week in quarters. For the past year she brings home around $300 in quarters. She has been doing this for about 3 years. I check every quarter I have only found 8-9 silver quarters.

BenVA

Sep 16, 2003
SW VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's MXT, Tesoro Compadre and Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife has a paper route where she puts papers in boxes. I sort her quarters for her. She used to bring upwards of $550 a week in quarters. For the past year she brings home around $300 in quarters. She has been doing this for about 3 years. I check every quarter I have only found 8-9 silver quarters.

I run the local paper as well 3 times a week. I do stores and paper boxes. I go through a couple hundred dollars worth a week from that and like you I only find a few a year. Unless someone dumps a silver collection its pretty hard to find much in quarters. I did get lucky with that today though.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done 25 or so boxes and have never found a silver quarter up until recently I did 5 quarter boxes this week and found 2 silver washington's, a 1952 and 1962d

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first started CRH'ing this past february I was doing pretty well with quarters. Then I went on a pretty long skunk streak on MWR quarter boxes. I've started picking them up occassionally again. (I found a silver quarter last weekend and searched one box). I'd say overall I've averaged 1 silver quarter per every 3 or 4 boxes. I've found 11 silver quarters in MWR's and 2 in reject tubes since February. I'm hoping to finish a full roll of silver, but I doubt it's happening any time soon. Especially since I've mostly been hunting halves lately.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have hunted about 4 MWR boxes of quarters:

1 1992-S clad proof

I've also hunted rolls of quarters in my register at work, and during my (almost) 3 years at work, I've found 2 silver quarters: 1947-D and 1964-D.

HH!
- DS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions