Quarts Crystals

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was reading a thread on quarts rocks and gold but cant find it anymore. Anyway, I have red clay dirt but I have found LOTS of huge (2 to 5 inches across)quarts crystals with perfect facets on top of the ground and have Huge quarts rocks (2 feet across) laying on the surface. Are crystals a sign that there may be gold in the ground? Lots of Formica in the clay as well. I bought the AT Gold and a set of gold pans to get into prospecting so I'm wondering if I need to start in my back yard. Any advise would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

what

Oct 9, 2015
USA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can you clarify if you mean mica in the clay or Formica please? Formica is either plastic or a genus of fairly large ants :)

I cant help you on the other topic, sorry. My completely unqualified advice would be that you wont know until you look!

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By all means start in your back yard :) One member here is getting gold in his. Quartz by itself is not a primary indicator for gold but the crystals may make you a little money.

OP
OP
lookingharder

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, What, I meant Mica. My clay is full of it especially in the ditches where the water has rinsed it off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread