Quartz of course

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had an opportunity to hit a field with fellow member BSIT. It's been raining pretty good here in Maryland for the last couple of weeks and finally had a chance to try this field. There wasn't as much of an area to search yet but we were able to make a few saves - here are mine - 3 Quartz points, 1 broke, few uncommon flakes for my area and a Quartz hammerstone. Pretty good day for a 3 hour hike.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495997461.309155.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495997271.831597.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495997292.970656.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495997362.685958.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495997386.605340.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495997399.843939.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495997411.963428.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495997411.963428.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is BSIT at? Id like to see his finds to but you scored some nice ones.

OP
OP
jmaschal

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was thinking Calvert. Def odd one. Looks reworked a few times.

OP
OP
jmaschal

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is he your mentor in this hobby?

It was very random how we linked up. I noticed some of his posts on TNet and we started PM'ing and we put a few things together and realized went to high school together. We actually grew up a few miles a part and fished all the same bodies of water. Mentor - I would have to say so. When I first started I made all the usual mistakes and he became a good sounding board. We both love to read local history and just love rocks. I learned a lot from him and just being able to touch his collection. Probably the only
One negative to this hobby is the secretive nature of hot spots - cool thing with Ben is we share everything. We have our own fields - for example, he has a field where he has permission - I only go with him and not try to get permission myself. I have permission at a field and Ben would come with me. Mentors are great especially when they are good friends. We both have some big plans - so expect more postings soon. We have some permission to dig at some potential good sites... we shall see.

Sorry long winded - but Rock you bring up a good point. It's like all walks in life you need a mentor to be successful and to drive you.

Thanks for the question Rock makes me realize what a great mentor and better friend I have.

OP
OP
jmaschal

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds that Quartz with long base is sweet .... You thinking Calvert for the type?

Been reworked couple times - the material pretty darn close to crystal. By the way loved yours from today. I was thinking about launching canoe out of North East and check out some of your stomping grounds. Any advice any good little beaches or beaches to stay off of? I'll pm if I decide to go out. Water
Level dropping so may stick to the susky washouts.

Doing some snorkeling soon as well!

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been reworked couple times - the material pretty darn close to crystal. By the way loved yours from today. I was thinking about launching canoe out of North East and check out some of your stomping grounds. Any advice any good little beaches or beaches to stay off of? I'll pm if I decide to go out. Water
Level dropping so may stick to the susky washouts.

Doing some snorkeling soon as well!

I haven't kayaked at all on north east river or elk I know it's a bit further but if you decide to check out the Chester river I can point you towards some good spots ..... If you stay on the susky good luck and be careful I know water can get crazy down there

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was very random how we linked up. I noticed some of his posts on TNet and we started PM'ing and we put a few things together and realized went to high school together. We actually grew up a few miles a part and fished all the same bodies of water. Mentor - I would have to say so. When I first started I made all the usual mistakes and he became a good sounding board. We both love to read local history and just love rocks. I learned a lot from him and just being able to touch his collection. Probably the only
One negative to this hobby is the secretive nature of hot spots - cool thing with Ben is we share everything. We have our own fields - for example, he has a field where he has permission - I only go with him and not try to get permission myself. I have permission at a field and Ben would come with me. Mentors are great especially when they are good friends. We both have some big plans - so expect more postings soon. We have some permission to dig at some potential good sites... we shall see.

Sorry long winded - but Rock you bring up a good point. It's like all walks in life you need a mentor to be successful and to drive you.

Thanks for the question Rock makes me realize what a great mentor and better friend I have.

I have a friend like that to that taught me how and where. We dont go out much anymore together cause I see them now. He use to really rub it in on me when I would miss one but now I have found some he missed and it doesnt seem to be as funny at least to him anyways. Its fun to hunt with a friend but most of the properties I hunt on one of the rules is nobody but me which is lonely but it is what it is. Another rule that seems to be a main rule is Im not allowed to tell whos property I have found them on I cant tell anybody. We still meet every once in a while and share our finds with each other.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread