Quartz Points

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I enjoy finding quartz to but I keep them separate from the chert. I had purchased these 2 frames and planned on flipping them at another show but then decided to keep them. They are fancy custom frames but with the black background the quartz shows up good. Most of the quartz points I find are made from vein quartz so they aren’t the best made but still always a great find. Some are better made than others. But this is all I have found over the years. Here you go scruggs and hopefully you can share some of your points. One frame is smaller than the other.
NW Georgia mostly creek finds.

Attachments

• IMG_2455.jpeg
    IMG_2455.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2456.jpeg
    IMG_2456.jpeg
    531.2 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 13

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I enjoy finding quartz to but I keep them separate from the chert. I had purchased these 2 frames and planned on flipping them at another show but then decided to keep them. They are fancy custom frames but with the black background the quartz shows up good. Most of the quartz points I find are made from vein quartz so they aren’t the best made but still always a great find. Some are better made than others. But this is all I have found over the years. Here you go scruggs and hopefully you can share some of your points. One frame is smaller than the other.
NW Georgia mostly creek finds.
Nice frames, I can see why you decided to hang on to them.

I wonder if anyone has made a custom frame where the points are set in, with an open space behind each one.
Have lighting in the back to show the transparency of the points off?
In my mind it would look pretty cool.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Nice frames, I can see why you decided to hang on to them.

I wonder if anyone has made a custom frame where the points are set in, with an open space behind each one.
Have lighting in the back to show the transparency of the points off?
In my mind it would look pretty cool.
I’ve seen some coffee table displays that are lighted. I have 3 tables that are displaying points. It wouldn’t be hard to install a light through the wicker bottom

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some nice ones. I have several but being the material it is they are always kinda rough but true to form.
This one is my best it is a Morrow mountain. The flaking is beautiful but hard to capture in a pic.
Merry Christmas!
IMG_8358.jpg
IMG_8358.jpg

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
The smaller frame has the best ones in it. I guess I should move the 2 daltons to it. But in the frames there are 2 copena, 2 daltons, some Guilfords, Morrow Mountains, and some Woodland assortment. I believe the one big triangle shaped is a Guilford. Glad you all like them. Seeing I find dark colored chert they wouldn’t look good with a black background.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The quartz does pop nicely, I thought some looked like they could be older. On the plains the older groups gravitated towards higher quality material and would grab it as they moved around, I wouldn’t expect to see a lot of old quartz. Do you find the same amount of old quartz points as flint ones down there?

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
The quartz does pop nicely, I thought some looked like they could be older. On the plains the older groups gravitated towards higher quality material and would grab it as they moved around, I wouldn’t expect to see a lot of old quartz. Do you find the same amount of old quartz points as flint ones down there?
About 1 quartz to 10 chert. It would be more quartz if they weren’t always broken.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread