Quattro MP vs X-Terra 70?

P

phxAZ

(Hi,

I've heard tons of reviews and feedback on the X70, which all sounds great. I have been able to get very little info about the Quattro...???

I'm leaning towards a Quattro or X70, and the X70 seems great from reviews, but Minelab's info on the Quattro makes it sound like it is far superior. Is this the case? From what they say about FBS, it logically seems it is leaps and bounds beyond the X70.

I just want to make sure I am not missing out on a much better machine for $50 more?

Also, my primary hunting ground is coin/relic/jewlery in AZ (crazy mineralization is most parts), secondary would be salt beaches and nugget shooting in the desert (not expecting to perform like a PI, but want that option for casual hunting to mix it up). Would the FBS prove advantageous or counterproductive or negligable given my non-typical soil?

Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
The quatro will easily out perform the x70, but like all machines you have to give yourself time to learn it.The X70 is a simpler machine to operate,pin pointing etc.and this is its selling point.In salty mineralised enviroment the quatro fbs system excells, If you are thinking of nugget hunting with the quatro I would recommend getting a smaller coil, whilst this machine is not really a nugget machine the smaller coil will help. good luck seeya Neilo ;D

OP
OP
P

phxAZ

Thanks! Looks like I'll be leaning towards the quattro. I figured it was better, but with not many people talking about it I wasn't sure.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Neilo says, the Quatro has the ability to locate more than the X70.

HH,
Sandman

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
The Quattro may be superior; probably is based on the higher price.

But I'll say this: In the year and a half I've MDed, I only needed a standard trowel for recovery. With my new X-70, my Dad's old WWII folding shovel has become part of the arsenal, for both coins and relics.

The X-70 is an Awesome Detector, In My Opinion.
Don't sell it short ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread