Question: 1 Indian and 3 Wheats

MICHIGANJAY

Dec 28, 2006
MI
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT, Equinox, Excal. 10, Ultra 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello everybody- Ive had a great summer and a relatively good year, however, with my move to Colorado I've had scarce luck finding any 'old' coins. Then today, after I finish grocery shopping I check the 'coin Master' and low and behold 5 pennies sitting there, they were:
1 zinc, 3 Wheaties 1919, 1933, 1935d, and a shot 1882 Indian head penny. This shamefull display of treasure hunting has outdated my oldest found coin by 12 years. You know as well as I do, that when you start find these kinds of coins, silver and other keepers aren't very far away. I never wanted to shake a machine upside down before today. I enquired about the machine to the clerk and he said that the Coin Master is independently operated and emptied by an outside company- Any suggestions from the community on any (legal) ways to get to sift through the coins in the machine?
--Well, I guess treasure is where you find it! Hope you are havn' better luck then me. J.

Attachments

• Four Found Coind.jpg
    Four Found Coind.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 271
Upvote 0

ES66

Oct 3, 2008
Eagan, MN
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I don't know if there are any legal ways, but every chance I get, I check the reject tray on those coin machines. I recently found a 1935 Canadian nickel! I've also found many modern Canadian coins and some tokens.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread