Question about a ring

Truffleshuffle

Sep 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I got something in the mail that says I can buy a ring crafted of solid sterling silver with 24k gold plating and turquoise enameling. On the top of the ring it will have a genuine u.s. Indian head nickel. Its from the bradfordexchange. I was wondering if it would be worth the 130 bucks. Im a little leary of buying something like that. I was considering ordering one but Not sure the value would be worth the 130 bucks.

S

stefen

As with any purchase, its a personal judgement call.

Seeing a picture in a sales ad is strictly a teaser.

Me, I need to see, touch, smell or taste something before I make a committment. If I like it and it falls within my spending range (and I'm willing to take a loss without pissing and moaning) then its a deal.

You need to make that determination all by your lonesome.

Choose wisely. :icon_thumleft:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it has $130 worth of eye appeal for you then buy it but , if you're looking for value, it's a long ways from being worth $130. If you want to invest, take your $130 and go down to the coin shop and buy 5 ounces of .9999 silver. :icon_thumleft: You can buy a buffalo nickel on ebay for $5 or less and the ring they glue it on might have $5 worth of silver. The gold plate is basically worthless. Just my opinion
Which sound do you like best? Bling or Cha-Ching?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure it's worth a $130 to them. If you're looking for investment value and return on your money, keep your money in your pocket. However, if you think it looks cool and would like to have it, by all means buy it. I haven't seen the ring, but I would say it probably took them about $25 to produce it, maybe way more less.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread