question about arrowheads

dustintimmons_83

Oct 25, 2007
west central illinois
After reading the post about bannerstones, it got me to thinking about the dig I have been doing.. I have been finding all early achaic piececs in a close proxcimity ... So I was wondering Did the same group of indians make all of the different types of arrowheads im finding,and why would they all be so close together

Upvote 0
F

Felinepeachy

I think they probably made different points and tools for different uses. As far as them being in close proximity, camp site comes to mind.

:tongue3:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better question is are they all from the same time frame and level in the early archaic? Was it one winters occupation or thousands of years of multiple occupations and then abandoned? Many questions like this gets lost when we dig and don't even know the type we are digging. Trust me I am guilty. Good news is not much is dug that has not already been dug and documented already. I have found a not that great of a cache that looked to be made by the same person cause of the style of knapping. But as far as one group one site??? :dontknow:
This is a good question you have raised,lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread