Question about backpack dredges

electroplasm

Jan 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard lots about so-called backpack dredges. I've done lots of google searching on backpack dredges. Do they actually have full dredges that you can strap to your back and carry up a hiking trail like a backpack? I haven't actually seen any dredges that look anything like that. Or does that term mean that they are meant to disassemble and carry into a backpack?

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is a pic of one

Attachments

• image006_compressed.jpg
    image006_compressed.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 849

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
However, remember that you need gasoline/oil mixture, possibly a wet suit, some food for however long you will be there, camping gear if you stay in for a few weeks. So most likely the entire rig with camping gear is about 200 lbs. I lugged my 2" unit in to the "back country" twice requiring three trips to get everything in and 3 to get everything back out. Make Certain you have gold there before you do this as it is a lot of work just getting in/out for no gold. Practice with the unit at home to get the right angle on the box.

Have fun and good luck.............63bkpkr

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
I'll second that. Getting the dredge in is one thing and getting everything else needed is something else. Doug.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions