Question about battery.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
This is my first year with a Simplex.
I bought it in February, so Im approaching my 1st winter with it.

Likely we’ll have frozen ground Dec thru March. I’ve heard different things concerning storage: 1) Use battery until dead, then store. 2) Charge battery fully, then store. 3) Keep it charged for the off season, charging as needed.
What do any of you users do?
Thanks

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Likely we’ll have frozen ground Dec thru March. I’ve heard different things concerning storage: 1) Use battery until dead, then store. 2) Charge battery fully, then store. 3) Keep it charged for the off season, charging as needed.
What do any of you u
Good, and oft repeated question. Personally, with my Legend I let the battery go as low as possible, and carry the back up battery when below 1/2 to 2/3 down. But then that raises the same question regarding the back up. Fortunately I don't have to deal with long storage time down here. Suggest you go straight to the source, Nokta. They are the ones who have to worry about honoring your warranty. Good luck, and keep warm.
Yesterday at Ft. Pierce beach.
20231102_152511.jpg

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Good, and oft repeated question. Personally, with my Legend I let the battery go as low as possible, and carry the back up battery when below 1/2 to 2/3 down. But then that raises the same question regarding the back up. Fortunately I don't have to deal with long storage time down here. Suggest you go straight to the source, Nokta. They are the ones who have to worry about honoring your warranty. Good luck, and keep warm.
Yesterday at Ft. Pierce beach.
View attachment 2113294
Will do. Thanks !

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What do any of you users do?
Thanks
Blackfoot, I'm guessing that this info would apply to the Simplex as well as the Legend. You'll just have to look and see if your machine has this type of battery. May be some help with the winter storage question.

" With the Legend's Lithium-Polymer (Li-Po) batteries, you can keep the battery "topped-off" without having to worry about the battery developing a memory and providing reduced operating time between charges. Plugging in in to the wall or car port after a hunt, while driving to another site or even connecting an external power supply as you hike into a secluded area will ensure you do not find yourself at a great location with a dead battery"
The Legend Handbook p16
by Andy Sabisch
Keep warm. Raining all day here in sunny FL.

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Blackfoot, I'm guessing that this info would apply to the Simplex as well as the Legend. You'll just have to look and see if your machine has this type of battery. May be some help with the winter storage question.

" With the Legend's Lithium-Polymer (Li-Po) batteries, you can keep the battery "topped-off" without having to worry about the battery developing a memory and providing reduced operating time between charges. Plugging in in to the wall or car port after a hunt, while driving to another site or even connecting an external power supply as you hike into a secluded area will ensure you do not find yourself at a great location with a dead battery"
The Legend Handbook p16
by Andy Sabisch
Keep warm. Raining all day here in sunny FL.
Thank you👍🏼

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread