Question About Buying Off Of Foreign Ebay Sites- IronPatch?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have bids on 4 items from ebay.de (Germany) from the same seller. When I click on the listings from "my ebay" (US) I get 0 items for sale (see pic). Is this because he isn't a US seller? "My ebay" shows my bids for the items but I cannot go to his ebay page and access his items for sale/auction from my own ebay page. I can go to his ebay page but it says the same thing as the screenshot I posted, 0 items for sale. I can find him manually by going to ebay.de and doing a search by seller name. I just find it ridiculous that I cannot access his items from my ebay even though I have bids in on them. Anybody else ever dealt with this? Is this normal? IronPatch maybe, I know you've mentioned ebay Germany recently.

Screenshot003.jpg

PS- I erased certain parts of my screenshot for anonymity.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, totally normal. Up until not that long ago it was only the UK that would interact the way you are asking about, but now there seems to be a few more countries that they now made that type of connection to, but obviously Germany is not one of them.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, totally normal. Up until not that long ago it was only the UK that would interact the way you are asking about, but now there seems to be a few more countries that they now made that type of connection to, but obviously Germany is not one of them.
Thanks. Good to know. I figured if anyone would know, it would be you. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about payment methods. I noticed many German sellers don't accept paypal and only accept bank transfers. This would rule out buyer protection, wouldn't it? Have you ever bought items using a bank transfer versus paypal?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about payment methods. I noticed many German sellers don't accept paypal and only accept bank transfers. This would rule out buyer protection, wouldn't it? Have you ever bought items using a bank transfer versus paypal?

You could still file an ebay claim, which is basically the same thing.... he would have to provide the tracking.

I can't stand bank transfers and thankfully it's a pretty rare thing for me to have to do... really never. It's got to be a damn good deal fro me to bother as it's about $35 fee for me, or maybe even more now. Even some that don't list Paypal, always ask and explain that a transfer is expensive and you'd pay the Paypal fee. Some do have a PP account, or access to one, but are just too cheap to put it in. Most won't, but some do so worth a try. A couple months back I mailed out a money order and a few days later he changes the invoice to include PP.... which of course didn't help then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread