question about coinstar

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dump at a coinstar. Today while at the bank before dumping i ck the return tray nothing there, I start dumping and a coin is returned actually 2 a silver quarter and a half. No quarters where where in my half dollar dumps. My question is do all coinstars return silver and is is common for coins not to be returned getting stuck and someone else gets them?
thanks cooper

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cooper36 said:
I dump at a coinstar. Today while at the bank before dumping i ck the return tray nothing there, I start dumping and a coin is returned actually 2 a silver quarter and a half. No quarters where where in my half dollar dumps. My question is do all coinstars return silver and is is common for coins not to be returned getting stuck and someone else gets them?
thanks cooper

Were both coins silver? If so wow, if not great cull on the quarter. The silver quarter is the Unicorn of CRH. HH

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
It is not common for you to get stuck coins, but it does happen. Coinstars do reject silver if they are Coinstar brand. Otherwise, it depends.

OP
OP
cooper36

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sagittarius98 said:
It is not common for you to get stuck coins, but it does happen. Coinstars do reject silver if they are Coinstar brand. Otherwise, it depends.
yes it was coinstar brand thank you

OP
OP
cooper36

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
palidin20603 said:
cooper36 said:
thanks cooper

Were both coins silver? If so wow, if not great cull on the quarter. The silver quarter is the Unicorn of CRH. HH
Nope only the quarter, the half dollar was mine from the machine dump thanks cooper

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
I had the same thing happen to me last week. The mighty halves shook a silver quarter loose while I was dumping. A beat up 64 washington, I'll take it!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
"rejects silver" that why I always check the reject slot any time I pass by a coinstar machine. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
cooper36

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesnt cost me anything it is free for customers of the bank.

cuttybce

Feb 16, 2010
Western PA
Coinstar silver is what got me started in this wild and woolly hobby. I've found about 20 silver dimes and 3 silver quarters in Coinstars since January 2010.

HH,
cuttybce

OP
OP
cooper36

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cuttybce said:
Coinstar silver is what got me started in this wild and woolly hobby. I've found about 20 silver dimes and 3 silver quarters in Coinstars since January 2010.

HH,
cuttybce
Were they in the reject tray or did it come out when you dumped?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
cuttybce said:

HH,
cuttybce

I found 7 silver dimes (including a 1961 clipped) and a silver quarter (1936-D semi key in G-4)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread