Question about electrolysis

Jack873

Nov 13, 2011
Willow Grove, Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just tried my hand at electrolysis for the first time, but I have a question about what I should do with the bucket of mucky water that's left over. Is it safe to dump the dirty water down a sink drain or should I find a place outside to dump it? Also, do I need to keep replacing the piece of steel I use for the positive clamp every time or can I reuse it?

mr-dig-it

May 23, 2009
There is no need to dump the water out. It can be used numeropus times. I do dump mine on the ground after the bottom of the container accumulates too much crud. This might be after several months. No need to change the steel. It will last a long time too, but will eventually need to be replaced as it will be eaten away during the electrolysis process.

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I clean my glass after every use... now I may clean 2 or 3 items before I dump it but a clean solution always cleans better and if you using an activator like I do (lemon juice) the acid is weaker with every use. I just dump it in the grass and clean the jar and make some more solution.

Chukers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread