Question about Fisher F2

Cranman

Dec 1, 2011
Central NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First sorry for the repost but I wanted some input from people familiar with the Fisher F2. See my original post below:

I want a MD and a pinpointer and have a little over $300 to spend. A few options I am looking at are:

Garrett Ace 350 and Harbor Freight pinpointer

or

Garrett Ace 250 and Garrett Pro Pinpointer

or

Fisher F2 2-coil package with Fisher Pinpointer

If you had to choose one option which one would you choose? Primary use of the MD will be coin shooting.

So I am leaning towards the Fisher F2, mainly because it seems like a great deal. Two coils and a pinpointer, all for $215. What do you guys think?

Mac232

Aug 18, 2007
Greasy Creek , TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you get the F2 , go ahead and get the Pro Pointer , too . Very well worth the extra money .

Mac

OP
OP
C

Cranman

Dec 1, 2011
Central NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good idea Mac, that way I'll have a extra pointer my son can use with my old detector! Hadn't thought about that...

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You might find better answers on Fisher Labs, that is who makes these. J W Fisher only makes PIs.

Skexis

Apr 14, 2013
Adelaide
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Xterra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher F2 is a good buy if you're in the US.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You might find better answers on Fisher Labs, that is who makes these. J W Fisher only makes PIs.
...Like ....stevemc... Said if you post in the right forum you will get more reply's...That would be..Fisher Research Lab's..... you are in JW Fisher They have nothing to do with your F2...

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I never took notice but this poster ....Cranman....has not posted for over a year... I have to start looking closer......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions