Question about Garrett coils

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No you can't. Besides the plugs are different and even with an adapter they don't work together. You need to buy AT Pro coils.

OP
OP
DiggItUp

DiggItUp

Mar 9, 2013
No you can't. Besides the plugs are different and even with an adapter they don't work together. You need to buy AT Pro coils.

Omfg I can't afford all these coils they are expensive!

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Shop around and find someone who will sell you the smaller coil in place of the larger coil!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see them for sale used, sometimes with the 5x8 coil, sometimes with two coils. Even with the large coil the savings on a used machine will make it easier to afford the smaller coil. There are a lot coming on the market due to folks who are new to the hobby and after getting a new detector realize they don't have the time or patience to use it. Check out craigslist or the big auction site. I got really lucky and got my AT Pro for a cool $300 on craigslist. It is an early model but had been back to Garrett for updates and still had warranty left on it. If you don't mind used equipment there are good deals out there.

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking to trade my 250 for a 5x8 &/or sniper....Idk y anyone would downgrade...but, maybe its q gift for someone... But, I too am broke, but NEED a small coil for my trashy hunting spots... Hopefully I can get a good coil to go on my best friend

-beav3r

OP
OP
DiggItUp

DiggItUp

Mar 9, 2013
I see them for sale used, sometimes with the 5x8 coil, sometimes with two coils. Even with the large coil the savings on a used machine will make it easier to afford the smaller coil. There are a lot coming on the market due to folks who are new to the hobby and after getting a new detector realize they don't have the time or patience to use it. Check out craigslist or the big auction site. I got really lucky and got my AT Pro for a cool $300 on craigslist. It is an early model but had been back to Garrett for updates and still had warranty left on it. If you don't mind used equipment there are good deals out there.

Maybe I'll see if I can get the AT Pro new, and the buy the coil used? Also, I wonder if Garrett includes the 2 coils if you buy from their website instead of another. That's what they did with my Ace 250.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do have an option to on the new ones that yes u can get it with both coils

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread