Question About Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be buying a Salt Water/Beach Detector in the next few days. I am considering the Tesoro Sand Shark and the Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II.

My question relates to the Mark II, which is said to have a patented Pulse Discriminating System. Does anyone know if the discriminating feature actually works as claimed. I have seen a few reviews that say it is all but useless.

Does anyone have any experience with the Sea Hunter Mark II

Any comments and/or suggestions will be appreciated.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I have used the Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, and it has great depth, as do most PI detectors. There are other coils available for it, and most people don't utilize the discrimination feature, as it does lose depth. I ended up selling the Mark II and upgraded to an Infinium, which does have some discrimination capabilities at depth. My buddy used his Sand Shark for many years, and did fairly well with his.

Good luck with whatever detector you use.

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread