Question Fisher F75 Limited

Degries

Greenie
Mar 17, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll & X-Terra 70, White's XLT, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Thinking real hard about buying the Fisher F75 limited but I would have to say the thing that scares me away is all the videos of the detector chattering. I see a lot of post and videos that talk about the chatter with this detector but how much of that chatter is just because they are running the detector in high sensitivity. I hunt mainly with the Minelab explorer ll and it will do the same if I turn up the sensitivity in certain areas. In the case I just back it off a little until it becomes stable. i have to say I do like the fact that the Fisher is a pound lighter than the Explorer. That would make a big difference on the arm.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone thinks they gotta have more depth than the other guy so naturally they crank up the sens where it is then unstable or picks up EM Fields from other sources. Weight is a huge factor in using a detector. You should research the Tesoro's as they are lighter yet. Does no good if you get tired with only a short hunt. :coffee2:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Degries,

The F75 can suffer from chatter but can easily be tamed. You don't have to run the sensitivity to upper 90's to get great depth. You will be very amazed at what a setting in the 40-50 will do and run quiet.

Here is a TON of great reading on how to set it up on my site. If you have any questions feel free to call me. I can explain it all and get you a great deal. The Boost mode is very impressive on depth.

Thanks, Bart

http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/fisher-f75-and-f75-ltd-interesting-info/

OP
OP
Degries

Degries

Greenie
Mar 17, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the link. Just added it to my favorites. Looks like some good information.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I get horrible chattering when under major power lines and have to turn the sensitivity down to 55.....then no problems...also the batteries last forever in this model

Lucky13

Oct 9, 2010
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics,Teknetics,TEKNETICS!!
Im not a professional with metal detectors but ive realized over the two years ive been using my T2 from first texas that you can cut out a substantial amount of chatter if you run with headphones. But thats just my opinion.As i have never used the F75 first hand,I dont really know HOW MUCH chatter this thing makes but i do know that First Texas makes all around good machines. The one bad thing about online reviews is that alot of the detectors problems is usually user error,Not the machine its self and it scares ppl away from buying them. But this is just my personal,unprofessional opinion that doesnt really count for --deleted--.

OP
OP
Degries

Degries

Greenie
Mar 17, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Thanks everyone for the replies. I did pick one up and so far I am very happy with this detector. Yes it will chatter if you crank up the sensitivity but turn it back down a little and it quiets right down. This detector is very light weight and I can swing it all day long. Not like my Minelab that after a few hours I am done. This is fast becoming my new favorite detector.

Streak!

Mar 4, 2009
actually ..................that was a great post. A whole lot of negative reviews and posts are indeed due to user error. You cant learn and evaluate any machine in 15 minutes or a day. Some DO have valid concerns or defective machines.....and others may simply want/need something different. BUT.......a nasty negative review due to operator error or sheer ignorance is inexcusible. (but it still happens all the time)

Lucky13 said:
Im not a professional with metal detectors but ive realized over the two years ive been using my T2 from first texas that you can cut out a substantial amount of chatter if you run with headphones. But thats just my opinion.As i have never used the F75 first hand,I dont really know HOW MUCH chatter this thing makes but i do know that First Texas makes all around good machines. The one bad thing about online reviews is that alot of the detectors problems is usually user error,Not the machine its self and it scares ppl away from buying them. But this is just my personal,unprofessional opinion that doesnt really count for --deleted--.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread