Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

mr.theman

Aug 29, 2006
McAlester, OK
Depends if there are any other banks in that town. If there are then I will go to the other banks and come back to that one. If there are no other banks in town I will wait.

The nice thing about small town banks is that you will never find a line of 15-20 people ;).

HH
Mr.T

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One other very important point for avoiding the lines...

NEVER GO TO BANKS ON FRIDAYS!!!

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
Generally I will wait, unless I have more banks in town to hit, and then Ill go to those and return. If I am on a route to other towns I might just hit it on the way back through, or leave it for the next visit. So far I havent had a big score from banks I had to wait at. Its usually in and out and silver!

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
If the bank has a dedicated business teller, go to them. They are the one that usually takes care of the coin. In some banks they have a vault teller but they are not designated as such; you have to ask.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The banks around here won't even break a 20 for you unless you have an account there! Bummer. Monty

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
I go to a little credit union that has never had more than 4 or 5 in line, and usually I can just walk up to an open window. The tellers are very friendly and helpful, and several of them seem very interested in what I find. All in all, a pleasant experience!
HH,
Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions