Question for Garrett owners/users

Fleeker

Jan 28, 2007
Hohenwald, Tn.
Detector(s) used
ATPro, GTI 1500, Ace 250 and a ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that have and use both the At Pro and another Garrett detector in the GTP and/or Gti series. Other than being waterproof, how would you rate them against each other as far as finding coins? And which is more of your goto detector? I have a GTI1500, which is a nice coinshooting detector, but have read alot of good things about the atpro and was wanting input from some of ya'll (i'm from the south) that have and use both. I can't make up my mind to get the ATPro or wait for a new imaging machine from Garrett. I kinda like that imaging feature, but I may be using it too much as a crutch. Your opinions will be appreciated, even though I know, opinions are like butt holes, everybody has one! :laughing7:

coincutter

Greenie
Jul 12, 2010
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Detector(s) used
ATPRO ( MXT - Bty Htr)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i lived in the south and mover'd north - does that work
(i still eat catfish and drool at hush puppies)
partner has 550 and 2500 and my old mxt with all the toys
i have a new atpro
i luv it
we both find coins with all the toys

he does better cause he has better knees and has 20 years on me
but i cherry pick

buy another yep - no problems no second thoughts

might get an at gold too (i am in colorado)

if Garrett comes out with something with imaging thats as light as the pro i am all over it

i wouldn't wait to buy something that works now and hold off for something else that might be coming out _ but with my luck it would come out the second day after

i dont think you would have any problem moving a used atpro if its the newer model with all the bug fixes - not that i can see why you would want to

i used to believe the bad hype about Garrett but after seeing what they do and how the company is performing i am going to stay with their products...
they old ones may be clunky but they run and find stuff

you know when you stop and think about it they have had a long time to figure things out

dirt is dirt electronics is what it is
wood chips are wood chips

if its not under the coil it's not there - maybe

coinshooters - all are good - pro is easy to hit coins --boing!!!) and deep
so are the others but you have to learn to hear what they say and dig some junk - you already know that
i dig junk too - but i know i am digging junk

what i have learnt with my atpro
if it says its good dig it
if it says its junk leave it
if it says its deep bring a shovel

so far coins, silver belt buckles and last night my very first sparkly striated space rock

it's a battery hog and so is the propointer but just like but holes you can't do with out them!
seals and water leaks - conjecture - if people dont use greeze things can leak - same with a boat axle bearing
take care of it use common sense and you wont have any problems

stock earphones - they are crappy but almost identical to Whites - i didnt like the way the volume knobs worked on mine
called garrett - whammo new ones on the porch with a return label for the old ones in one day No questions asked
thats good
stuff some foam under the edges and you got a comfy set of ears

cable wraps - tricks i learned from the mxt
and this is a mini mxt
tie the cable down on the shaft
i run mine hot and never a a false
i have to run it over my ring finger to make sure its on its so quiet
ground balance is sweet auto or manual either way

go watch the you tube videos - what you see is what it does
sweet spot in the swing rate will keep you busy

I got mine from Bart at Bigboys - he did me a real good deal
I don't have any affiliation with him other than talking on the phone and fast delivery
reckon he will get more of my money before too long for other goodies

DD and big concentric are both wicked - and i shoot through black sand all the time

nuff rambling
ball is in your court
have fun deciding
took me a year but i jumped and i am keeping it

steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread