Question for gold rings on mxt pro

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i dont have the mxt but use a v3i either way its goin to vary quite a bit on what type the soil is weather the gold is 10k 14k 24k white gold yellow cuz of the difference in the metals ull get a different number ive had gold read real low in the foil range of plus 7 to plus 10 im sure there will b someone one here using a mxt that mayb able to give u better advice

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It also depends on the size of the ring, I dug a thick 10k band last year that came in at 50VDI. Most will be a lower VDI though as most are thinner than the one I found and only dug that one thinking it was an IH. HH

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It also depends on the size of the ring, I dug a thick 10k band last year that came in at 50VDI. Most will be a lower VDI though as most are thinner than the one I found and only dug that one thinking it was an IH. HH

Wow 50 u must have been all hyped up id sure as hell would thats big

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All gold rings are going to have a VDI similar to pull tabs and foil. One thing that I noticed is that the trash will have jumpy VDI numbers. What I mean is everytime you swing over the target it will display a different VDI number. Same with nickels. You will dig more nickels if you dig the targets that have the same VDI number each time you swing over it. (mine is usually around 20). This will save you a lot of time digging trash. If I get a jumpy VDI number I usually don't dig them as I know what it is going to be.

MXT SNIPER

Sep 30, 2004
I dug a black hills gold ladies ring with a tiny diamond a couple yrs back, read 24 VDI, 1.7 grams VDI numbers are gonna be all over the place depending on the size, depth, and kt of the ring, dig all aluminum signals and foil too. I run 1 on the disc and dig all but the iron signals.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread