Question for sand shark or tiger shark users.....

fwcrawford

Jan 7, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50, Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign GT
I checked out a Sand Shark a few weeks ago while on vacation and noticed that the headphone cord seemed to be on the short side even with the control box mounted under the armcuff.
I know the cord stretches,but am wondering about undue stress where the cord enters the box.
Has anyone else noticed this while using their detectors?
I'm considering buying one next year and looking for responses to this question.
Thanks in advance for any responses,
Felix

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm a month or two in with my SS. Mate when I first looked at that curly cord I questioned whether it was going to be stretched etc ... bottom line is that you could probably stretch it straight and pull a bit and my money is it would recoil good as new with NO damage to the connection to the box ... I am arm cuffed and I've bent my body, scoop and detector in all manner of contortions to recover and never felt my phones stretch or tug and I like tough toys and this is one... you won't care about the whatevers when you find first gold with it :headbang: it is light - couple of weeks to get used to the weight and now I'm 2-3 hrs no complaint and getting popeye arms as well. buy it now... because by next year you and (it) may have paid back twice or seven or 100 times over. Anyway the SS is fun and what else matters....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Tiger Shark has a strain relief clamp on my cable, but even without that it seems long enough. My box is mounted under the arm cuff too.

OP
OP
fwcrawford

fwcrawford

Jan 7, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50, Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign GT
Sandman,
You stated that you have a strain relief on your headphone cable.. are you referring to the cable relief that is mounted on the control box?
I did notice that, but was concerned about strain after the cable comes out of the box.
Felix

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fwcrawford said:
Sandman,
You stated that you have a strain relief on your headphone cable.. are you referring to the cable relief that is mounted on the control box?
I did notice that, but was concerned about strain after the cable comes out of the box.
Felix
I am sorry Felix, I should have said an elastic band. This gives it some give. I was gonna just slip on a cable tie but that would make to much flexing on the cable with no give.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread