Question for Teknetics OMEGA 8000 owners...

bubbadirect

Apr 29, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Detector(s) used
NOKTA Fors CoRe Pro Pack
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
White's XLT Spectrum
White's TRX pinpointer
Garrett Pin Pointer
Just a quick question for all OMEGA 8000 owners. Does this unit have built into it a threshold setting? Let me explain what I mean. My MD hunting buddies and I go relic hunting in CW era fields looking for relics that are deep CW finds. 3 of them have Whites units and one has a Nautilus. While the Nautilus doesn't do this, the WHITES detectors will let them know that they have something deep in the ground by giving them an audio low growl type of sound, while the visual screen does not register whatever it is that is in the ground (means it is SOMETHING deep) Nothing usually (but sometimes) will let them know via VDI or anything visual on the screen that the detector "thinks" it is, but when headphones are on, you can "HEAR" something that the detector is trying to decode and let you know that there is something good in the ground, deep, with a low pitched growl.

In other words, if it doesn't register every time visually, it will let them know by the way it "sounds". Does the OMEGA have this capability? Does the T2? In my price range the OMEGA is what I am leaning towards, but I would like to know about your experience with this. Does the OMEGA have sounds like this that let you know that something is DEEP in the ground?

Thanks in advance,
bubbadirect

TomNWMI

Feb 5, 2006
NWMI
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Musketeer, Tek G2, Omega and a Fisher ID Edge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Auto tune all metal mode is threshold based. I use it quite often in clean ground to get the stuff beyond the disc modes depth. Since it is tied to the sensitivity control it does not allow for setting gain and threshold independantly. This does not seem to be a problem depth wise, I have run higher sens settings (louder hum) and the depth does not seem to improve over a slight hum setting. The VCO audio is very informative allowing me to pass up most hot rocks and ALL the cold rocks that give the overshoot or boing response. You will have to experiment by digging all threshold changes to understand what it is saying but the learning curve is pretty short. The best part is the ID capability in AT, after removing some dirt the ID kicks in and you can eliminate digging iron if so desired.

HH Tom

Shenandoah Digger

Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tried almost everything made since the late 60's
Tom is of course dead right, but the new Fisher Gold Bug will run a threshold at any sensitivity, if that helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread