Question for the Fisher Impulse users...other PI user opinions also

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
I just got this Impulse which is a PI unit...I used an Excalibur last couple years till it died and i sold it.......the fresh water beach i hunt is fairly well hunted by a couple other guys also, so the targets are pretty well far between......the question i have is should I concentrate on the fast intense signals?.....cause it seems the slow quieter signals are usually small pieces of wire and such......i am just looking for clarification that i am correct in thinking the quick intense signals are more likely to be the good targets....please help if you can

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Marty-Graw

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
i know it doesnt discriminate....what i was wanting to know is do you think the quick intense signals have a better chance of being fresh jewelry or coin drops

Horsesoldier

Feb 7, 2008
Well, I'm not a Fisher Impulse user but I do use a PI at the beach. Remember, a PI machine is not going to perform as well in fresh water and you need to dig every signal (especially if the signals are fewer and far between). Two reasons for having a PI is that it doesn't discriminate (unless its a TDI or Infinium) and they really go deep. Good Luck.

"Get Your Swag On!"

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not really sure what you're asking. I have used an Impulse for about 15 years. It has one signal. You either have a hit or you don't. The bar graph will help you pinpoint and the audio will increase with proximity. Other then that, dig every hit.

I have noticed one exception. I can just about tell a bobbypin everytime.

Deepsix

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Marty-Graw,

The short answer is no. I have been hunting with a Whites PI for a couple years. I have tried to guess what something is by the signal and have rarely been right. The quick double signal is usually a hair/bobby pin, bent nail or a penny and a gold ring, like happened to me once.

If you don't want to dig every signal, then I would consider getting back an excal. Yes, I have days when I leave because I get sick of digging rusty nails, but it is just part of the game.

Jack

OP
OP
Marty-Graw

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
yeah i definately want another Excal....this is just all i could afford at the time....just something to get me back in the water with the hopes of finding enough gold for the year to get another Excal

MikeDahms

Jun 25, 2008
Jacksonville, NC
I have many years experience with the original Garrett sea hunter XL500 pi model from the 1980's. I also could id hair pins by the sound, to me it sounded scratchy. In Hawaii there were a lot of tourist from Japan and hair pins were popular with the Japanese ladies. My thoughts are with experience you may be able to consistently id small iron. Experience can not be overly stressed. The guy who is really experienced at using his machine will do better most every time than the inexperienced with the "better" machine. Don't give up on it too soon, not that you said you would. Best of luck, Mike.

OP
OP
Marty-Graw

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
i am definately not gonna stick with this machine.....as soon as i can get another excal this sucker is outa here lol..........i used the excal for so long i could tell what almost every signal was

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions