Question for those that hand sort cents....

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone found one of the Lincoln cents with Kennedy's face carved in it to the right of Lincoln's? I found one last night, I believe it was on a 1973 cent. My mother had one when I was a kid (the 80's) that was glued to a piece of carboard listing all the ironic similiarities between the assasination of Lincoln & Kennedy. (Lincoln was shot in a theater, and shooter hid in a warehouse. Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and Oswald hid in a theater, and a bunch of other things I can't remember :laughing9:)
Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has found one...

HH,
Legend

Upvote 0
OP
OP
legend76

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just read in another post that buffaloboy has found a couple. Here's a pic I got off internet:

Attachments

• lincoln_kennedy_penny_top-thumb.jpg
    lincoln_kennedy_penny_top-thumb.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 243

RIcoinhunter

Nov 9, 2009
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
I have found a few cents with Kennedy's face stamped on them, and one with Lincoln smoking a pipe.Can't remember the dates.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I've also gotten ones with states stamped on them.

woodcutter45

Greenie
Oct 23, 2010
P Hill, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one the other day that had Lincoln smoking a pipe with a couple of smoke rings and another with the outline of Florida on it with Fla stamped in the state outline.

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
We just got a penny like that today in our weekly box. It doesn't have Kennedy (I got one like that from my Grandpa when I was a kid), but this one is a 1976 and it is stamped with USA and the Liberty Bell. My daughter thought it was pretty cool. Also got 9 wheaties and about 25% copper from the box. Pennies are fun!

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
yep...wen i 1st started...i thru it in my "random crap i didnt know what to do w/ jar" and later found out that there was more to it than some teen trying to b a joker...pretty cool! nice find. keep it up and hh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions