Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you get right down to it, the indiviual officers/agents,LEOs up here were born and raised here. My personal opinion. And as such have more common sense than the average gov. #hole. In time, as Federalization increases common sense will decrease. I too have enjoyed mining and prospecting here thousands ! of times and have not ever been hasseled. I even had a deputy sit down next to me and borrowed a pan for a minute or two. He told of a couple of spots to find good gold It will be a sad day when Idaho loses this common touch . This was given to us by our ancestors.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your regs are now almost the same as kalif,simple really, don't get caught,which you seem to have already perfected so keep up the great work-John

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Grays, blues, dark greens, and shades of black are very functional colors in the pursuit of gold. :thumbsup:

Bluefrontside

Oct 11, 2012
Coeur d'Alene, Id
IdahoJake, I am up in North Idaho (Kootenai and Shoshone counties) and frankly the BLM is in charge from what I have seen. I belong to the local club and it appears that as long as you respect private land and claims things seem to be been fine. But if you ever hear anything different please post. I have heard there are water permits for anytime you pull water from a stream but there seems to be quite a debate on whether or not it is needed. We have several claims and some are in the National Forest and I have had no issues and no permits but so far I am just digging holes (and filling them).:icon_thumleft:

Also, the ladies in the Forest Service in Coeur d'Alene are really helpful. They throw maps at you and even talk me through how to use the LR2000 for checking on claim locations to stay out of trouble.

Last edited:

Rutnbuck

Jun 26, 2005
No. Utah
Detector(s) used
whites xlt, Goldbug2,
Being from out of state I don't get up there much. However on the last 2 trips two years ago was checked by the Forest Service. She gave us the run around but when all was said and done she let us keep dredging Middle fork of the Boise. Get your permit from the Department of Water Resources. Now the EPA permit is a bucket of worms. Lengthy process and if they grant a permit it is a slim chance they only granted a fraction of permits filed. EPA fines are horrendous. The state is in the process of voting on a bill that would ban the EPA from any activity. They were suppose to vote last week but it was postponed for some reason. Now is a good time to contact your State Reps and voice your opinion. EPA can fine you ton of money and jail. Not sure if they will enforce. Check out their web page and permit app. It basically sucks. Get your Idaho water permit and make some gold is what I will do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread