question for you prosneed some help plz

zag

Feb 3, 2013
lincoln city,OR
Detector(s) used
FIRST METAL DETECTOR,GARRETT ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok iv had my ace 250 for a couple of weeks now and im haveing problems digging up and finding the dang things that i get good hits on i havent found so much as a penny yet iv tested my metal detector in several different ways i KNOw it works yet i cant seem to find coins that are as little as 2 to 4 inches deep is this common for beginners ?or what am i doing wrong ?

Doc722

Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2013
Bend, OR
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up the same model detector yesterday. I got home kinda late and there wasn't much light left. Threw it together and proceeded to the backyard. The first find I had was a trash signal. Dug it up...roofing nail...It was about 6" down and made about a 2" hole and went right to it. The other thing I found was 1967 Quarter. It was only about 2" down and was a little harder to find. Point is, I made sure to use the pinpoint feature of the detector. Use an "X" type sweep to pinpoint it and the strongest signal you receive will be dead center in the coil. Was thinking that the closer the object is to the surface, the stronger the signal will be with the pinpoint so its probably going to give a strong sound further away...idk....just going to have to be persistent on digging...GL!!

OP
OP
zag

zag

Feb 3, 2013
lincoln city,OR
Detector(s) used
FIRST METAL DETECTOR,GARRETT ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will do i kinda ignored makeing the x when i started but since the post i have tooked it a bit slower and took the time to make the x i just dug up 2 22cal short shells from the 1930's man those were so small and supriseingly deep but i found em

Doc722

Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2013
Bend, OR
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice...you will pick it up in no time...You will figure out personal preferences etc...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread