Question hello from still snowy NJ

VirginiaEllen

Mar 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have just completed a book of Civil War letters: So Much Blood the Civil war Letters of William Wallace Beard 1861-1865. Beard was a native of north Mecklenburg County, NC. Moved to Mississippi in the late 1850s. Fought in the Mississippi 18th Co G. One of only a hundred or so who survived from his 1000 man strong Regiment. I have posted the cover of the book which shows him post Civil War wearing a star shaped badge on his vest lapel. Any one any idea what this is? One of the little niggling puzzles I was not able to solve before the book went to copy editing. Out later this month.

Thanks so much,

Virginia View attachment SoMuchBlood-cover-2c.pdf

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, XLT Fisher's CZ5 Garretts GTA 1000
I have just completed a book of Civil War letters: So Much Blood the Civil war Letters of William Wallace Beard 1861-1865. Beard was a native of north Mecklenburg County, NC. Moved to Mississippi in the late 1850s. Fought in the Mississippi 18th Co G. One of only a hundred or so who survived from his 1000 man strong Regiment. I have posted the cover of the book which shows him post Civil War wearing a star shaped badge on his vest lapel. Any one any idea what this is? One of the little niggling puzzles I was not able to solve before the book went to copy editing. Out later this month.

Thanks so much,

Virginia View attachment 1130758

I understand that the star was a sign that the person wearing it was a veteran of the civil war. Hope this helps.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :hello:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Virginia! Take a look at Sub-Forums: New Jersey for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Virginia,

Welcome to the forum! I hope to read the book.

Regards,

Professor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions