Pa.
Detector(s) used
spectrum xlt

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher used to do this service when it was owned by the orginal owners. Now that First Texas owns Fisher (Bounty Hunter people), your guess is as good as mine, but I wouldn't count on it. You can contact them and see. Let us know what you find out.

If I remember right the 1265 uses 8 AA batteries. There are AA batteries and chargers available in some hardware stores or Radio
Shack. When rechargables run low on power, they just stop unlike regular batts.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't recall if there were any lifetime warranties issued on the 1265-X. I know that some 1270's had lifetime warranties. Fisher is a little pricey if you send it in to the company for repairs (around $100-$125 plus shipping), but if the only problem is the end of your battery pack breaking, then you should just purchase the part from them and just put it on or in yourself. It doesn't sound like a circuitry problem--just that little plastic piece, if I'm reading this right. 1265's are awesome machines, along with the machine's successor--the 1266-X--which I still use. You CAN use rechargeable batteries with them--but Fisher doesn't make a batter pack that recharges. You should just go and get an 8 battery charger, load it up with rechargeable AA's and stick 'em in the machine. Those Fisher X-series machines are durable--I haven't had to send mine in for repairs since I bought it in 1992--but you will want to exercise some care and tenderness when putting the batteries in, it sounds like.

Regards,

Buckleboy

OP
OP
manscamp

manscamp

Jan 8, 2007
Pa.
Detector(s) used
spectrum xlt
Sandman said:
Fisher used to do this service when it was owned by the orginal owners. Now that First Texas owns Fisher (Bounty Hunter people), your guess is as good as mine, but I wouldn't count on it. You can contact them and see. Let us know what you find out.

If I remember right the 1265 uses 8 AA batteries. There are AA batteries and chargers available in some hardware stores or Radio
Shack. When rechargables run low on power, they just stop unlike regular batts.

yes it has 2 holders and both need replaced. been on fisher`s web page before and if i remember correctly there`s no way of contacting them on the internet

treasure diver

Mar 17, 2006
eastern KY.
I got two four pack battery holders & did away with the holder that comes on the 1265x.I wired them up & just used rubber bands to mount them to the control housing. Now I can use a hip or chest mount. Works real good & a lot less heavy. It's my best relic detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread