Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Quote:
BTW, why are you guys complaining about the great capitalist system in place here. People can charge what they want, whenever they want. The fossil fuel companies have been doing it for years. The electric company monopolies have also been up there doing the same. If a company owner wants to make millions a year, he should be allowed.

Davset. I'm trying to understand this statement compared to roofing? Are the Electric co's not regulated by politicians? If a rate hike is needed don't they have to have it justified. The new generation of goofs that think a windmill will rid us of pollution increases your rates because of cost to build them.
Also with all those dead beats that don't pay their bills are passed down in rate hikes to those that do.
Oil controlled by supply and demand? Take away the tax's and the environmental regulations (Winter blend, summer blend, additives all controled by the same Gov. you talk about.
Now if you ck. Roofing has stayed somewhat the same price except for the price of delivery (Fuel) I'm asking why are these co's are so far apart in price.

Average price for a good shingle varies from 110.00$ to 200.00$ per Sq. mine was 101.00$ on sale, that's aprox. 38 hundred ice and water 350.00$ ridge vents, valley's dumpster.1000.00$ 51hundred total. that leaves 34 hundred profit. They all say 1 day they will be gone.
The other's were at aprox. 30thousand for a day's work (first bid)
My statement about the gun rack was a joke. You must be a lawyer by trade not to get it.

You've got the advantage of being an informed consumer. It takes some work to be informed. Like my example of gas prices being on the street but many things we need pricing for is hard to come by. The saying of "Whatever the traffic will bear" isn't taught in business school but it's lived by with many in sales.
Most consumer wouldn't know what a square of roofing was and wouldn't want to do the math if you told them.
Some urban mythology that the high price is the best work and the low price is the best deal is hardly ever right.
For those that have had the pure pleasure of being in a legal deposition knows the other side has a right to knowledge. I wish we all did when it comes to purchasing.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I see daveyboy gave up on the MMGW threads ... or did you figure out that you've been hoodwinked?

Now badbacon wants to follow him around and insult folks? Can't you guys say anything nice? ???

Guess y'all got tired of being run through the wringer by the guys whose gonads have dropped.

One of these days you'll figure it out, keep trying and we'll keep laughing at you till you get a clue.

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see daveyboy gave up on the MMGW threads ... or did you figure out that you've been hoodwinked?

Now badbacon wants to follow him around and insult folks? Can't you guys say anything nice? ???

Guess y'all got tired of being run through the wringer by the guys whose gonads have dropped.

One of these days you'll figure it out, keep trying and we'll keep laughing at you till you get a clue.

I agree Bud. Just want to know how many guy's here reached down and checked if they dropped:laughing7: I did:laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread