flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I found a Barber Half 1899 and 3 old penny's, 2 are Indian head a 1864 , 1905, the third was found close to the other 2 but deeper and not in as good of shape. I can not make out anything on the penny, what kind it is or date, I would like to clean it up enough to get a date. What would be the best way to do this, and would you clean up the Barber half that is my Avatar pic or just leave it the way it is. :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• get-attachment.jpg
    get-attachment.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 389

NicktheMainer

Mar 22, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just started cleaning some of my Indian Head cents I couldn't get a date off of so i left em in a cup of dish soap for a day and them brushed em in soapy water with a toothbrush but it didn't really help. So I put em in olive oil for 2 days and i dumped em out tonight, dried em off and without rinsing in water i took some toothpicks and started picking at the green stuff. It works very well i got so much detail, highly reccommend, unless its a rare date. Im putting em in oil for another two days now.

OP
OP
flakefinder

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well did a cleaning on the IH and turned out pretty good, the date was a 1880. Here's a pic after the cleaning. :hello2:

Attachments

• After cleaned IH.jpg
    After cleaned IH.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 261

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread