Question on Excal

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question for excal users.

I have noticed several times after detecting in the water at the beach that when I remove my battery for a recharge, there is a couple very tiny drops of water under the rubber seal on the battery pod. There has never been any sign of water in the battery pod, or a problem with the detector. Has anyone else seen this, is it normal or a potential problem? I have been wiping it dry before I recharge it.

I always make sure it is tight when i screw the connection down, so I know its not from being loose. I am not sure if water is from the threads of the connection, or from the top where it passes through the nut. Any answers or suggestions? I have thought about the plummer's film that you put on the threads of water pipes to see if that stops it.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too apply silicone grease that you get from a dive shop. Don't ever use Silicone sealant, it's not the same thing an you won't beable to get the connecter off.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies, I will see if I can find some at a local dive shop.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I dont have an excal but you can possibly get the little packs of drier and slide it in if theres room, that will keep the moisture down. It may be just moisture before the seal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread