question on mwc

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a two part question here.

1. how are plastic rolls wrapped? i had gotten 1 roll of plastic wrapped quarters a few years ago and it contained my only silver quarter to date. but i remember it was hard to open so how do they wrap them? do they put 10 dollars in then heat shrink it?

2. if coin machines are supposed to kick out foreign coins then how come so many end up in rolls? i mean even coinstar machines kick out foreign coins and what ever is left over is sent to a wrapping faculty where i assume that they go through a prossess that weeds out any foreign coins that slipped by.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
i have a two part question here.

1. how are plastic rolls wrapped? i had gotten 1 roll of plastic wrapped quarters a few years ago and it contained my only silver quarter to date. but i remember it was hard to open so how do they wrap them? do they put 10 dollars in then heat shrink it?

2. if coin machines are supposed to kick out foreign coins then how come so many end up in rolls? i mean even coinstar machines kick out foreign coins and what ever is left over is sent to a wrapping faculty where i assume that they go through a prossess that weeds out any foreign coins that slipped by.
well, avoiding question #1 and on to #2, I know that many banks don't have counting machines, and send lots of coin out loose in bags. Many rolling facilities package everything, thank goodness :tongue3: and that's the reason I get tons of foreigns in my boxes. My average is 50 foreigns per $500 searched.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread