Question on mxt pro?

Treasureman25

May 30, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Mxt pro, coinmaster gt, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi im new to detecting. Well the new detectors that is. I've used an old coinmaster 6000 before but now want to upgrade. I am going to place an order for the mxt pro soon. I've decided I want to get the 9.5 coil for the trashy areas. Now here's my question. I plan on hunting some caches, hoards, ect. I want to read as deep as possible into the ground. I'm seeing that I can get a 21x17sef coil compatable with the mxt pro. I've been unable to find anyone or really any good info on this coil setup with the mxt pro. What can you tell me about it? Also while using a coil like this will I still be able to see coins say in the first 5 or 8 inches of soil?

P.s. I'm from Wi where we obviously get a lot of frost in the winter. Some are trying to tell me any jars of coins or bigger items will be pushed up closer to the surface over time. Have you ever heard this?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read of caches being pulled toward the surface but can't say if its true or not. Seems most would be buried deeper. I think you would be happier with a lot smaller coil than the 9.5 for trashy areas. I haven't seen any reports on the larger coils for the MXT so I can't comment on them.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i agree with sandman ur probly going want a smaller maybe a excellerator coil mayb ull be able to pick up less targets with the smalller then that 9.5 as of the sef coil wow that thing sounds like a monster if i remember correctly i think kellyco has those big sef coils and u can check out there smaller ones on there web site mayb it'll give u a better idea

OP
OP
Treasureman25

Treasureman25

May 30, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. Thanks guys. Yeah I've seen them on kellyco. I'm just looking hopefully for someone who has used one on their mxt pro. Or used one at all.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use the 10x12 SEF on my MXT PRO and love it. I have used the 9.5, D2 and 6x10 coils and the SEF is deeper. Works great in trashy areas as well so it's one coil for all types of hunting. All of the other coils are great as well and any of them will work well for you. I hunted a small part of an old park that measure about 10' x 20' next to some old steps that were there for an old house no longer there. I covered every square inch and removed everything. I hunted it several times at a snails pace and got to the point there were no signals left. After I got the SEF I went back to test it as I knew it was picked clean. I found two mercury dimes and several old wheat pennies. And they were deep. So that made a believer out of me. Also hunted next to a shelter loaded with pull tabs and bottle tops. Again found several wheat and a token. The SEF has great separation and you will hear those coin signals mixed in with the trash. I have never heard of a 17x21 SEF coil and don't know if there is one. They do make a larger coil and I used one at a DIV hunt and it worked great as well. There is nothing wrong with the other coils but the 10x12 SEF is my coil of choice.

OP
OP
Treasureman25

Treasureman25

May 30, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks treasure hound..for your input

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Idk my 6x8 is non stop pulling stuff out deep to pinpointing right on

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites makes the max 15 coil now, I haven't seen anyone use that coil as its for larger targets like caches. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions