sef coil help

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FreeMindStuck

Jan 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just picked up a 6x8 sef butterfly coil for my v3i now on the coil section when I put it on what do I put it on under for coil type ?

Just whatever coil is closest in size. Probably the 6x10 dd. But you may need to experiment if your depths are off. The coil selection affects nothing but the depth reading.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh ok thanks for the tips have u used this coil befor wondering how it is havent been out with it yet

FreeMindStuck

Jan 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh ok thanks for the tips have u used this coil befor wondering how it is havent been out with it yet

I haven't used it personally, but have talked to several people on the forums that use that coil and like them a lot. I'd be interested in your feedback once you've used yours.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fair enough

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me too! Like how does it do in a trashy area, depth compared to 10" D2, and any comparisons that you have with the other coils you've tried. Thanks!

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Yes, use the 6x10 coil selection. Mine has been wonderful for months, finding far more silver than I ever found with my stock coil. Found more than one penny at 9 inches, iffy signals but they were down there, and separation from trash is super...something the D2 wasn't effective with. My original 6x10 Whites coil coouldn't see past 6 inches reliably like this 8x6 SEF does. Best coil I have bought for my V3i in the 8x6.

I truley wish the 10" D2 did perform for me. The 8x6 stands out. martin

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi McKinney. Where are you located and what type of soil do you have? I live in Cincinnati Ohio and was wondering if the soil conditions were close to yours.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, use the 6x10 coil selection. Mine has been wonderful for months, finding far more silver than I ever found with my stock coil. Found more than one penny at 9 inches, iffy signals but they were down there, and separation from trash is super...something the D2 wasn't effective with. My original 6x10 Whites coil coouldn't see past 6 inches reliably like this 8x6 SEF does. Best coil I have bought for my V3i in the 8x6.

I truley wish the 10" D2 did perform for me. The 8x6 stands out. martin

That just great to hear I I just gotta get a little bit of time to get out there now I can't wait

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I am north of Dallas Texas. The soil is leachy and registers -91, so it is mineralized, yet the ground noise signal percentage is below 5%, so I can easily run the 5-Band filter most always. Ground moisture is usually the bear I have to deal with. What's your ground probe readings? martin

Hi McKinney. Where are you located and what type of soil do you have? I live in Cincinnati Ohio and was wondering if the soil conditions were close to yours.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
You are a jump ahead already with that 8x6. You should do a really fine job in Mass with your soil and that coil. I look forward to your feedback. martin

That just great to hear I I just gotta get a little bit of time to get out there now I can't wait

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
McKinney_5900 said:
I am north of Dallas Texas. The soil is leachy and registers -91, so it is mineralized, yet the ground noise signal percentage is below 5%, so I can easily run the 5-Band filter most always. Ground moisture is usually the bear I have to deal with. What's your ground probe readings? martin

Mine is typically around -92 and I can usually run 5 band also. Some places are crazy high though and I have needed to use 12 band to settle it down. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread