Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Im thinking of water hunting the beach surf. The waves were nil and the water was calm yesterday. I am still getting used to my Headhunter PI. I need a scoop with a long handle that I can push with my foot, I think. The short plastic scoop I usually use in sand didnt work very well even when I dive underwater. What do you suggest I buy that is not too expensive? What do you use Sandman?

Upvote 0

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Check with Kellyco, that have some nice scoops. If you go cheap the wet sand will just snap it at the seams, It'll pay in the end. I use a big stainless scoop I've had for over a decade now. I don't know if they make it anymore, but it's strong and sturdy. You'll find enough to cover the cost. HH
Where are you at in S. Fla.? Reilly's treasure shop in Pompano has everything you need also. He's a good guy.

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi BigC:

I have a longhandled stainless steel scoop that I got from Kellyco well over 10 years ago and just gave my spare to a friend that I bought at the same time. Go with a good one. The galvanized ones won't last a season if you use them a lot.
Deepsix

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used many different scoops an have settled on the one by Sunspot Products, but it runs about $189.00.
http://www.sunspotedm.com/beachscoops/

I like it because it is big and has lots of holes. Can be used on all bottoms.

Attachments

• STEALTH SCOOP (WinCE).jpg
    STEALTH SCOOP (WinCE).jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 295
  • STEALTH SCOOP (WinCE).jpg
    STEALTH SCOOP (WinCE).jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 298

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
your using the headhunter pi. so your going to want a scoop to hold up to digging deep, you can find them in all prices, but to me spending about $150.00 and up are your more heavy duty scoops, i paid 180.00 and it wont break. now if i was to hunt dry sand only i would go with a less costly one

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks finderzzs, deepsix, sandman, dahut, rjnail, and spez. I wish the sunspot wasnt so expensive, but they all seem to have a high cost. The Nutall is sold out til July 31.

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
you might want to call sunspot just in case... sometimes they have some "blemished" or scratched models that they let go a little cheaper. I got mine last summer. When I called, I was told they were sold out (I was actually speaking to the owner). I told him i was going on a trip to the Dominican Republic and really wanted one. He ended up sending me his own personal scoop for my trip.

They are a great company to deal with

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread