Question on the F44.....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you mean the Threshold tone?

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not the threshold no...sorry I was not more specific. When you swing the coil over iron...does it always make a low tone...or can it be made so iron is totally silent.

I ran across a video where the guy seemed to indicate that iron will always make a sound no matter the disc setting....something I a not positive I would enjoy.

EDIT: Just found the answer...it can be silenced thankfully.

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The audio on the F44 can be adjusted so that the iron is just barley audible and the rest of the sounds loud.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The audio on the F44 can be adjusted so that the iron is just barley audible and the rest of the sounds loud.

I knew it had iron audio that could be adjusted up or down....just a relief that it can be silenced (like most detectors) when notched out in certain modes. The guy I saw seemed to indicate iron was always on no matter the disc/notch setting...which would drive me bonkers.

Thanks! :occasion14:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Volume level 10 is silent iron. Since you can place the F44 in Jewelry Mode which notches out Fe (1-20) automatically, it would seem that iron can simply be notched out. There is no disc on the F44 because each of the 9 segments can be individually programmed, including notching.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Volume level 10 is silent iron. Since you can place the F44 in Jewelry Mode which notches out Fe (1-20) automatically, it would seem that iron can simply be notched out. There is no disc on the F44 because each of the 9 segments can be individually programmed, including notching.

Going to go download the manual and watch more videos...seems it has more features than I thought.

That last bit intrigues me. So you are saying that EACH of the 9 segments can have their own notch setting? EXAMPLE: You can adjust a notch in the 1-20 range....another at the 21-30 range....and another at 31-40....so on and so on up to the 90-99 range? Making 9 miniscule notches total if you so wanted to?

That is pretty rad....

The wife wants either a F44 or a Tesoro Cibola (not happening). So F44 is my push obviously...being Frat Bros fan...and the fact I plan on buying (or building) my own coil adapter for the LRP.

More I read up on the F44 the more I like it for $350 (her detector budget)...hell of a price for the feature set.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The notch works the whole segment, not partial. Each segment can be programmed for the sound it makes. VCO, Bass, Low, Med or High.

Any segment can be notched, collectively or a single segment.

Cibola does not have ground balance. Vaquero or Outlaw does. Tesoro's only discriminate (bottom up) except for the Golden and Cortez which have a single notch window feature.

Last edited:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
More I read up on the F44 the more I like it for $350 (her detector budget)...hell of a price for the feature set.

I agree. You get good bang for your buck with the F44. And to the original question, you can disc out iron, which I always do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread