Question RE: Post 2001 Half Dollars ("not meant for circulation")

monkeys uncle

Mar 26, 2014
Waxahachie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 440, E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey monkeys uncle, I personally toss them back but have a buyer right now who wants certain dates and is willing to pay about $0.75 each for them. once I fulfill their request, I will begin tossing them back into the wild again. They really don't have much if any value over face value. If you want to keep them and don't have to worry about tying up money, why not hold onto them? Do what makes you happy :)

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See ifyou can find a buyer- or like Buf said id you can affordto hold up the cash with them then holdem for a while- I collected 2of each set and have thrown all the rest back- actually havent seen any for a long time so i think theres another hunter in my area keeping them all

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Hold onto them... That way I won't have to look through them!

I haven't done much volume yet, but I can already see how keeping every NIFC will tie up a lot of capital that could be better used to buy more boxes.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find 10+ in every box I search... weird how in different parts of the country, the NIFC finds are different.
See ifyou can find a buyer- or like Buf said id you can affordto hold up the cash with them then holdem for a while- I collected 2of each set and have thrown all the rest back- actually havent seen any for a long time so i think theres another hunter in my area keeping them all

Chillydog

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a roll of 2013 halves and I saved the best one but that's about it

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find 10+ in every box I search... weird how in different parts of the country, the NIFC finds are different.

Woah thats crazy- its been so long that ive seen a NIFC (of course I only rim/sound check, but you can tell a nifc rim) i cant even remember how long- easily 6months

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you guys should keep them all. They are going to be worth tons of money one day.

superneo123

Greenie
Jul 9, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kept all that I found in 8 months of hunting halfs, I have tried to sell a few with no luck so far. Here is a vid that I did of what I found in 8 months of hunting halfs.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always throw them back... like BB said, I see 10+ a box, so its not a biggie to find them. I keep a pair of 2014's to show naggy tellers that they are minted every year and its not a "special order" but it rarely works even then...

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a bag last year that was hald full of NIFCs. Sold them all on ebay and made about 20 bucks on 600 dollars worth of halfs. Ive heard that if you put them in runs and smaller quantities they occasionally sell for a bit...NOT worth it in my opinion

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm keeping enough to fill out one set.

Although I have seven or eight rolls that are still in their mint rolls. Dont really know why I am saving them and one of these days I am going to take them to my LCS and buy silver with them.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm keeping enough to fill out one set.

Although I have seven or eight rolls that are still in their mint rolls. Dont really know why I am saving them and one of these days I am going to take them to my LCS and buy silver with them.

What yrs do you have in mint rolls?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions