Harvest

Apr 6, 2008
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Whites SL90, Surf PI, Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Question ? Whites newTDI & Whites Goldmaster V-sat

Has anyone tried Whites new TDI pulse det. It is suppose to have great depth ? but cost around $1500 , I wonder if its worth it ?

I have a Whites Goldmaster V-sat it is in like new condition used very little with a hard case anyone have an Idea what it would be worth ????

Thanks Harvest

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Question ? Whites newTDI & Whites Goldmaster V-sat

Harvest said:
Has anyone tried Whites new TDI pulse det. It is suppose to have great depth ? but cost around $1500 , I wonder if its worth it ?

I have a Whites Goldmaster V-sat it is in like new condition used very little with a hard case anyone have an Idea what it would be worth ????

Thanks Harvest

I saw a V-Sat on craigslist recently for $50.00. Kind of sad seeing I paid $600.00 for mine. But, I still use mine once in a while. Just something about being able to manual GB in tough ground makes me more comfortable using it rather than my MXT. The V-Sat was my 1st MD and I know what it is telling me after 100's of hours using it. The MXT is fairly new and I am still learning it.

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi,

V/SAT was $499.95 brand new. I just sold a used one for $299.

The TDI is a PI unit. The V/SAT and other VLF units like it hit small nuggets better, but also hit hot rocks and do not get good depth in intensely mineralized ground. If you are not having a problem with hot rocks or severe ground, you do not need a TDI. But if you are, that is what the TDI is meant to address.

Steve Herschbach

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21

Had and used a VSAT for 18 years in OR, NV, and AZ. It is 4 generations behind a VLF machine like the MXT. In 18 years, I found a ton of bullets, coffee cans, and once a tobacco can with my old VSAT that I sold on ebay for $150. However, I never found a nugget and spent most of the time ground balancing. The first week I had the MXT looking for nuggets in NV, I found 4. One was so tiny that at best, it was a picker. Another was 3/4 oz and the other two were typical Rye Patch nuggets. To top it off, the nuggets that I found near Rye Patch were found while competing against a Minelab 4500. I found 2 nuggets to my friend's one with his Minelab.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread