Question? Would A Small Vibrating Unit Help On A Highbanker?

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Lets just say, you added a vibrating unit to the sleuth while it is operating. Would the vibrations help bury the tiny bits, or in my case flour gold in the black sands, or will the vibrations speed up the process of gold in the riffles moving further down the sluice? I made the mistake of Googling vibrator......whew! Lots of imagination there!:censored:

v.jpg
Here's an example of a somewhat usable item which could be attached to your highbanker.

jsurddy

Feb 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha ha! I bet lionberger is right about that.

The1rod

Jan 18, 2018
Hudson co
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man, at least you chose a back massage type to duct tape to your unit! Some of those other ones might get you some funny looks! :p on a serious note though if you search for vibrating motor you can get just what you need rather than making something else work. They have them in all different sizes and powers. One of the most common ones I have seen are for concrete vibrators, or if you want smaller than that they have them for massage chairs.

Lynx equipment

Greenie
Jun 28, 2018
Arazona/montana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I assume it would work . Alot of commercial plans have a osilater I had a pump mounted to a highbanker and I think it had the desired effect your looking for

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i built a small sampling "highbanker" unit and mounted a bilge pump to the bottom that i replaced the impeller with a short piece of metal to give just a little shake to the box, it worked pretty good, it was a v shape to the box to keep the heavys in the bottom and the blonde sands just walked right over the top edge and out

Fordtrucksrule

Sep 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bring your stuff home and use a spiral panner or a shaker table to remove black sand. Ive had good luck with both. Shaker table is better for production line but spiral panner is lots less money. spiral panner and power wheel battery easy to carry into hard places. Borax and fire is another good option.....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions