QUESTION?.

A

art of fact

Hello all, Ihave a question. I dont have a camera at this time but I do have a scanner , Probably a stupid question but I was wondering if I could scan my finds so that I can show them, Its brand new and has been sitting in a box forever so I thought that I could put it to some good use. Bare whith me I am a dummy on the computer. Art Of Fact :dontknow:

kg6yll

Oct 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
For sure. Get that scanner out and start posting.

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Yep! You will probably have to resize or crop the scans though, but there are plenty of free programs that can help you with that.

OP
OP
A

art of fact

O.k then I will try and hook it up tomorrow because I have to get up early for work, So I should be posting tomorrow or maybe the next day or I will be getting arrested for disturbing the peace because I threw it out the window ;D.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sound a bit like me, that is too much for me to go though. It is easier to get an inexpensive digital canera.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coins yes of course, though they tend to come out rather drab and lifeless looking on a scanner.
3d objects no, so best all around to use a cam, and leave the scanner for text copies.

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
i find that scanning is a lot easier than cameras especially for coins and flat objects.just as long as you crop the scans afterwards you shouldn't have to resize to post.and they come out clear

Fr3nchy27

Mar 21, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25
Scanners are great. When you resize the pics, try using photobucket.com. You will have to start an account, but it's free.

Justin

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Hook it up and start playing with it, you'll figure it out in no time. Do some web searches for your model of scanner and you will find all kinds of tips, tricks, and how-to's on it. Good luck,

HH Charlie

OP
OP
A

art of fact

Thank you for your replies I am locking myself in my computer room and I am not coming out till I get it right,I just wish these walls were padded for my own safety :help:.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread