Question

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So 2 of my dump banks(same name) have the coin sorters with a $200 max per day w/out incurring a fee- the last couple boxes I've gotten good results with have come from this same bank just different branches which don't have the coin sorters, do you all think I should stop using these two as drops and instead pick up from them and find other dump banks?
I'm finding the ones I was thinking I'd being able to get boxes from, namely my CU, don't have overages on boxes unless I order and they all come in in the same day if the week so I need to spread the pick up banks-

Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So 2 of my dump banks(same name) have the coin sorters with a $200 max per day w/out incurring a fee- the last couple boxes I've gotten good results with have come from this same bank just different branches which don't have the coin sorters, do you all think I should stop using these two as drops and instead pick up from them and find other dump banks?
I'm finding the ones I was thinking I'd being able to get boxes from, namely my CU, don't have overages on boxes unless I order and they all come in in the same day if the week so I need to spread the pick up banks-

Russell, if this bank is giving you good results on the dimes, it might be a good idea to look for another dump bank. The $200 per day dump limit is lame. Another option would be to only dump nickels there. Nickels are harder for me to dump because the bag only holds $200. You could dump two boxes on them.

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Russell, if this bank is giving you good results on the dimes, it might be a good idea to look for another dump bank. The $200 per day dump limit is lame. Another option would be to only dump nickels there. Nickels are harder for me to dump because the bag only holds $200. You could dump two boxes on them.

Ya the $200 limit does suck- I've decided to go open another CU account that has coin counters as well and use them as dumps-
I havnt gotten into nickels yet-

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya the $200 limit does suck- I've decided to go open another CU account that has coin counters as well and use them as dumps-
I havnt gotten into nickels yet-

I would encourage you to try a box of nicks. Sometimes war nickels are the only silver I get. One per box is common and sometimes more. Also you can find buffs, liberty V nicks and older Canadian. I save all pre 82 Canadian as they are pure nickel except a few war years, ww2 and Korean War. HH

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might get away with buying from one branch and dumping at another forever. However, should they catch on, you have a very high likelihood of losing both your buying and dumping privileges.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread