Question!

Gold007

May 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Garrett pin pointer. I want a Garrett GTI 2500 or an AT Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking around on Google Earth for some new metal detecting sites. I found an old baseball field that I want to go to. There are some houses around that property. There is some small stores and buildings but I would not think that they are the owner(s) of this old baseball field. Now, my question is how do I find out who is the owner(s) of this baseball field to ask to get permission to detect this baseball field? I don't want to drive to house to house knocking on people's doors and end up getting the law out there. You know what I mean? So, what's the easiest way to get in contact with the owner?

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would stop into one of those stores and ask.. Just be polite about it no matter what the answer.. Somebody should know.. I ask my grandma and my mom and other family member and even my frineds family about places.. These resources have proved invaluable to me..

hibaldone

Greenie
May 9, 2013
Plano Tx
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can also go to the county's appraisal district website. I found a few places just North of one of the local lakes where some old houses use to be and by using the Collin county appraisal district website I was able to find the owners info.

stevenh

Feb 27, 2013
SoCal
Detector(s) used
PI: Minelab XP-4500, VLH: Garrett AT Pro, Underwater: Tesoro Piranha, PP: Garrett Pin Pointer Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found that baseball fields suck! Basketball courts with grass around them, soccer and football field sidelines seem to be honey holes. All those soccer moms seem to drop a bunch of coins...

Go to google earth and search for parks. Here's the national parks overlay
http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archives/2006/09/us_national_parks_la.html

Always look in the local Thomas Bros. Maps

Cheers :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gold007

Gold007

May 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found that baseball fields suck!

Well, this baseball field that I want to go to dates back in the 1900s. Its not a modern field, and people still play on this baseball field on this day. I know I'll find some good finds in that ground.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
is there any access restrictions?can anyone go there and play ball?if so I would simply go early,leave no trace and help maintain it for the public good by removing as much metal as possible.I would keep the trash with me to show what good I am doing to this defacto public ground.everyone wins.

OP
OP
Gold007

Gold007

May 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is there any access restrictions?can anyone go there and play ball?if so I would simply go early,leave no trace and help maintain it for the public good by removing as much metal as possible.I would keep the trash with me to show what good I am doing to this defacto public ground.everyone wins.

I found out who owns this ball field & the person that owns this baseball field does not care if people play on this field. I've seen kids out there before playing on it. No, there are no access restrictions.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that would be the route id take ask the small stores around mayb they do own it if no luck then there is always going to that town hall im pretty sure u can see the town records to see who owns the property

OP
OP
Gold007

Gold007

May 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went by the field today and guess what? I couldn't believe it... there was another guy there detecting the field. So i left... he most likely already hit the good spots.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not necessarily might just be testing the waters out mayb he just got it & trying it for the first time never know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions